Saturday, January 3, 2009

Round 1: Dreamer 1

Round 1: Dreamer 1
Going to the Dogs
Photobucket
Darren Dreamer is recovering from the loss of his wife Darleen. Meanwhile, his son Dirk is in a blossoming relationship with Lilith Pleasant. Let's see how the Dreamers are doing...
Photobucket
Me: Congrats on maximizing the creativity skill, Darren! I bet you could make a living from painting and writing novels.
Photobucket
Darren: I am interested in all things media, but I would prefer working outside of the home. Too many memories here, you know.
Me: Of course. That's understandable. Oh, I think hear the school bus. Dirk is home.
Photobucket
Me: Dirk, I see Lilith came home from school with you.
Dirk and Lilith: *lip smacking*
Me: Um, Dirk, at your age, your hormones are raging. And with ACR installed, you may want to act on those hormones...
Dirk: Relax, we're just making out. We're not going to go any farther.
Me: That's a relief.
Dirk: It's not so much about morality, though. It's just that Mr. Pleasant would kill me if anything happened his daughter!
Me: It's time for your girlfriend to go home, anyway. Your carpool will be here any minute.

Photobucket
Me: Bummer, Dirk! I'm so sorry you got demoted. I would have thought making out with Lilith would have sent you to work in a good mood.
Dirk: My social need was fine, but the others not so much. I don't care about that crummy job anyway.
Photobucket
Dirk: What I really want to do is train pets and get them to the top of their careers.
Me: Really? Well, I have just the Critturs for you!
Photobucket
Me: Dirk, say hello to Sarah and Danny. If you can get these two to the top of their careers, you can train any animal in the Uberhood.
Photobucket
Me: Welcome home, Darren. Congrats on your promotion!
Darren: Do I hear barking?
Photobucket
Me: I love watching the dogs play. Sarah and Danny remind me of my own two Yorkies, Duke and Isabella. For some reason, my dogs always want to start playing when I'm ready to go to bed!
Photobucket
Dirk: Hey, Lil, you wanna go Downtown and split a sundae?
Lilith: Not right now. Can't you see I'm about to top your high score?
Me: I guess I really don't need to worry about ACR and you two.
Dirk: *sullenly* I guess not.
Photobucket
Me: Congrats, Darren on another promotion.
Darren: Is it really necessary for you to put in our promotion pictures? You're not really keeping points or anything.
Me: No, I'm not, but if it weren't for promotions, some of you wouldn't appear in the blog at all!
Photobucket
Me: Darren, you're giving Sarah a bath while Dirk is hanging out with Lilith? I thought the dogs were his responsibility.
Darren: They are. I'm just helping him out.
Photobucket
Me: And Sarah escapes!
Darren: She runs very fast for a pregnant dog.
Photobucket
Me: She won't be pregnant for long.

Photobucket
Darren: So the dogs don't have to follow the Alphabet Twist naming convention?
Me: No. I'm not doing any pet legacies here. If I had been a little more lucid at the time I would have named them Dasher, Dancer and Vixen!
Photobucket
Me: I have no idea which puppy is which, so I'll just put their names on the side.
Photobucket
Me: Sarah doesn't like getting baths, but she sure doesn't mind giving them.
Photobucket
Me: Well done, Danny. Dirk is on his way to his lifetime want.
Photobucket
Dirk: These dogs are going to make me a fortune, Lil. Just wait and see.
Lilith: I think your fortune just piddled on the floor over there.
Photobucket
Darren: I'm surprised you took the job with Dina's law firm, Brandi. I always pictured you working in the education field.
Photobucket
Me: I'm really impressed you had a great week with five dogs running around the house.
Photobucket
Dirk: Dad, I still miss Mom a lot, but I want you to know that if you find love again, go for it. I don't expect you to live the rest of your life alone.

Darren: Thanks, Son. That means a lot.
Photobucket
Me: Speaking of finding love again... Are you sure want those two to breed again?
Dirk: I need six pets, and they only had three puppies last time.
Photobucket
Dirk: I feel bad about leaving my dad to look after the dogs while I'm in college.
Me:He doesn't seem to mind. Have a great time at Academie Le Tour with Alexander and Dustin.
Photobucket
Happy 2009! I forgot to mention at the end of my last post that the lecturing Dustin got was because thanks to ACR, he and Angela consummated their relationship. I have to tell you I was shocked. I didn't realize ACR allowed teens to woohoo. I think to keep this blog family friendly, there won't be any teen woohoo pics, but it may come up in discussion if it progresses the storyline.

When I played the Dreamers, I was curious to see if Dirk and Lilith would also woohoo, but they never did. The most they did was the makeout that you saw at the beginning of the post. It's funny. The "bad" twin turns out to be the prude, and the "good" twin goes all the way with her boyfriend. I think this game simulates life more than people realize!

6 comments:

  1. "I think your fortune just piddled on the floor over there." HAHAHAHA! That line had me spitting my soda out in laughter! I really like the Dreamers. Dirk and Darren crack me up, and boy do they have a lot of doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plus side is that ACR will not make your teens pregnant. It's just embarrassing to lose track of them and find them off together doing something naughty.

    You can set their individual settings so they aren't so ready to go. Or you might even be able to disable it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandie, Dirk and Darren did have a time with Sarah and Danny. They started off being trained to eat Sim food, so it was a challenge getting them switched over to pet food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, Lunar Fox. I did look at the options. Since they can't get pregnant, I think I'm going to leave teen woohoo enabled for storyline purposes, but I'll keep the actual act offscreen. I did disable the adult-teen interactions though because that really makes me uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always like Lillith better than Angela. Angela almost always instigates their fights. That reeks of not-so-good twin to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Petalbrook,

    I think Angela did start most of the fights in my hood too. I like Lilith too since I tend to root for the "underdog."

    ReplyDelete