Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Custom Content Comes to the Uberhood

I've been reluctant to add custom content to my game. While I've seen some beautiful Sims on other blogs, I'm a bit of a purist and want my Sims to look like Sims. I especially feel this way when it comes to the Uberhood, because the Sims here are iconic and need to remain recognizable.

That being said I went on a download spree this weekend (see the bottom of this post for the credits) and found some custom content that enhanced my game but still kept the "Sim" feeling.
Photobucket
Here is a before shot of Ajay Loner.

Photobucket
And here is an After shot. I like the color of Ajay's new skin tone (from Rensim's "Peau" series) , but I think the face is a little too smooth. I like the angles of the original Maxis face.
Photobucket
The results so far have been mixed. I think I like the old Ajay better, but I definitely prefer the new Nervous Subject.
Photobucket
Here is Vivian Cho displaying the S2 Peau skin tone.
Photobucket
Here is Nina Caliente in the S3 Peau Skin Tone. The jury is still out on how I feel about her new look.
Photobucket
On the other hand, I am very pleased with Darren Dreamer's new skin tone. Being S4 skin tone myself, I'm happy to see an S4 skin tone that is not too dark.
Photobucket
Townie Danielle is showing off the new default eyes, the "Sparkling Eyes" set by Shady at MST2. I love Danielle's grey eyes! My only complaint is that I wish the green eyes were a bit darker.
Photobucket
By far the new content I'm most pleased with is the alien content. Above is a Before shot of Lola Curious-Smith and below is an After shot. The skin tone is from Astiee's "Sparkle N' Shine" collection and the (purple!!!) eyes are from Nanduaka's "Alien Eyes 3" collection.
Photobucket

Body Shop Content

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to find good skins. Have you heard of Lyran? She has a beautiful set of skin tones that are very Maxian like, but sort of smoothed out and not shiny. They look very pretty.

    It's be on this site: http://www.lyran.net/ts2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Lunar Fox! I'll definitely check that site out.

    ReplyDelete