Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mega Reboot

I’m back. I’ve finally got my game stabilized to the point that I can do a Mega Maxis version of the Sims 3. There are currently five pre-made neighborhoods: Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, Barnacle Bay, and Bridgeport. And yes, I’m crazy enough to attempt to blog through each one.

I’ve been working on a couple of legacy blogs since Sims 3 has been out, but Legacy-style play gets boring to me. The thing I like most about the Sims is seeing the neighborhood grow over time and see how the families interact with each other. But let’s face it, EAxis’s story progression sucks. They throw random babies into random houses, give a Sim a boss who ranks lower on the totem pole, and assign Sims to careers that have nothing to do with their Lifetime Wish.

Enter Twallan's Story Progression Mod. I could not play this game without his mod. One of the best features is that it allows TS2 Style Aging, so my Sims won’t age while I’m playing other houses. That is a big win for me. The mod is also highly customizable. You can have it manage everything or very little. In the future, I’ll go into detail about the Mod’s options. Right now, I’m just too eager to get the first post out to you. Smile

But before I do, I want to explain my play style and blogging style. If you read my TS2 Mega Maxis blog, you know about the Alphabet Twist. My sims weren’t allowed to marry someone unless their first names started with the same letter. This time around there is no alphabet twist. The big twist is that I’m going to play as hands off as possible. That means the Sims wishes and Story Progression will dictate who hooks up and who gets what jobs. I won’t issue a command unless it’s something in the Sims want panel (or unless it’s something that will keep them from dying). Other than that, your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen next.

I’m going back to my commentary banter style that I used with the TS2 Version of the blog. I’m trying to blog the thoughts I’m having while I’m playing the game. So, imagine yourself sitting over my shoulder as I play, Each entry will cover one Sim day with one family. I decided on one day because I want to keep the entries short and hopefully be able to publish more frequently. I’m not going to set a posting schedule.I’ll post as often as I can. If you’ve followed my blog you know my mother is dealing with serious health issues and I’m managing a big project at work, so my play time is at a premium.

Though I have other blogs too, the Mega Maxis one has always been my first love, so look to see this one updated more often than the others. And keep your fingers crosses that EAxis doesn’t release a patch that borks up my neighborhoods!

Stay tuned..the first post is coming up now!

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to this! Let's get going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you already know, the Goth post is up. It's a holiday in the U.S. today, so the Alto post will be up later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm a good fan of you're blogs and sadly, I don't have the sims 3 so if you will please read my blogs when I have them up hopefully by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words, hop! Please send me the link to your blog, and I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your TS2 version so I am excited to get caught up with this! It's going to take me some time, but luckily, I have a smart phone so I can do it on the go.

    ReplyDelete