Sunday, January 23, 2011

Round 1: Baker 1–Full Nest Syndrome

Now we come to the first of the Bin families, the Bakers. Svetlana and Heathcliff Baker were looking forward to an empty nest, but their daughter Becky has turned up with a toddler in tow.

Screenshot-3

Me: Morning, Svetlana. I see you’re helping your grandson Topher with his potty training. I bet you never expected to be teaching toddler skills again.

Svetlana: Oh, I’m just helping out while Becky gets dressed.

Screenshot-8

Svetlana: Of course, when Becky moved back in, Heathcliff and I worried that Becky would dump Topher on us, but she is a good mother. She is very devoted to him and is determined that he will learn all of his toddler skills. Becky tries not to bother us too much, so Heathcliff and I still have time to engage in our hobbies.

Screenshot-10

Heathcliff: I second what my wife says. I thought my fishing days were over, but Becky takes care of Topher herself when she’s not working. I’m proud to say that I haven’t seen her sneaking any men in and out of my house either. I thought something was going on with that Tobias Funke character, but Becky says they are just friends.

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 16-23-56-89

Svetlana: The only indulgence Becky has allowed herself is to quit her job at the restaurant and work herself into the Music business. Becky has always loved music.

Heathcliff: *beaming proudly* She gets that from me. I’m employed in the music career too.

Screenshot-20

Svetlana: Becky is passing her love of music down to Topher, too. She bought him a xylophone for his birthday.

Me: Wow. I’m glad to hear Becky and Topher are doing so well.

Svetlana: Yes, she’s doing so well working and taking care of Topher, but I know my daughter. She is a Hopeless Romantic and longs to find that special someone.

Heathcliff: But she won’t let herself get close to another man because she doesn’t want to make the same mistake she made with Topher’s dad.

Svetlana: But she is a vivacious, beautiful young woman. She should be out meeting people. Heatcliff and I begged her to go to that new club “The Grind” tonight. We wouldn’t take no for an answer.

Screenshot-17

Becky: I’m only here because my parents made me come. Between you and me, I think they want me and Topher out of the house to relive their newlywed years. And speaking of newlyweds, one of the first people I met was a woman named Ayesha Frio. She had just gotten married and couldn’t help staring at her ring every five minutes.

Screenshot-18

Becky: She was there with her single brother-in-law, Connor. He works in the Journalism field and was relaxing between articles. Ayesha suggested I go up and introduce myself.

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 16-32-37-05

Becky: To be honest, I’m more used to being approached than doing the approaching, but I thought “Why the heck not?” I learned he was a Pisces. We chatted for a while, but I could tell there were no sparks.

Screenshot-21

Becky: This cutie caught my eye. I did some asking around and found out his name is Holden. The girl dancing behind him is roommate Gwen. They appear to be just friends. Oh my, Will, did you see the abs on her??/ I used to have abs like that before I got pregnant.

Anyway, I tried to get Holden’s attention, but he was really into the dancing. Oh, well, his loss. It was getting late, and I wanted to get back home to tuck Topher in anyway.

Screenshot-22

Becky: Can you believe some moron tried to rob us tonight? The officer making the arrest was quite dreamy, though.

Screenshot-23

Becky: His name is Eugene Hunter, and I think he might be into me.

Screenshot-24

Becky: He needed to get back to the station to process the burglar, but Mom urged me to chat him up. We exchanged numbers, so we’ll see what comes of it.

SP Updates:

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 16-39-20-53

Another female townie moves in. The single women outnumber the single men nearly two to one now.

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 16-03-21-53

And Monika is staking her claim on Leighton. I think Leighton, Holden Wonzy, Stiles McGraw, and Cycl0n3 Sw0rd are the best options available.

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 15-57-03-02

Why is Issac moving in with the Langeraks?

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 16-03-57-43

Oh, that’s why. Notice that Issac took Zelda’s last name. I’m trying to keep the original pre-made names in play for as long as possible, so when a playable marries a NPC, they will take the playable’s last name. Anyway, welcome to the playable ranks, Issac.

TS3EP03 2011-01-23 16-30-13-20

*sigh* Jennifer, didn’t you learn anything from being married to Pablo? (In case you didn’t know, Xander is an Inappropriate, Hot-Headed, Party Animal Mooch with Commitment Issues.)

2 comments:

  1. Hope Becky can get together with the police officer, who's name escapes me now.

    Useless knowledge: My anti-simself (a "traditionally built" black man with light yellow eyes) is best friends with Clavell and gets mooched by him all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about your Sim getting mooched by Xander. I think EAxis characterized him well. He screams mooch to me.

    ReplyDelete