Friday, January 28, 2011

Round 1: Clavell 1–A New Leaf

Screenshot-4

Me: Good morning, Clavells. Xander, is that you?

Xander: Of course, it’s me.

Me: It’s just, well you know, you’re…

Xander: Reading? I know how to read. I graduated high school.

Me: I know. I just would have never pegged you for a bookworm.

Buster: He’s hooked on these mystery novels by some “co-worker” of his.

Xander: Marley, Pops. Marley Williams, he’s self-published. He’s writing this series about a private eye. He let me read his first one and I couldn’t put it down until I finished it.

Buster: Whatever, the books keep him out of trouble.

Xander: Marley’s books have really inspired me. I think I’ve found my purpose in life.

Me: And what’s that, Xander?

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 09-49-54-11

Xander: I’m going to be a private eye. Let’s face it, I’ve got too much of a record to join the police force. I’m not smart enough to be doctor or scientist, but I’ve got street smarts. I can put them to good use.

Screenshot-11

Me: I’m proud of you, Xander, for getting out of the Criminal career. You’re turning over a new leaf. Good for you. Maybe you’ll meet a nice girl and settle down.

Xander: Let’s not get crazy.

Me: Have you got a case, yet?

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-15-20-29

Xander: I’m not exactly sure what it is, but Vita Alto needs my computer skills. She’s a Congresswoman, so it’s got to be big.

Screenshot-7

Unbeknowst to Xander, Vita was part of the crowd watching his mother play guitar outside the bookstore. She was enjoying the music until her nemesis, Nancy Landgraab, showed up. I thought there was going to be a cat fight, but all they did was size each other up.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-19-03-59

I think this is the real reason Nancy restrained herself.

But while we’re on the subject of cat fights…

Screenshot-8

Issac evidently didn’t break it off with Talia Epperson before marrying Zelda.

Screenshot-9

Talia was distraught at seeing the newlyweds being affectionate with each other, but poor Talia isn’t the only one nursing a broken heart in Sunset Valley.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 09-58-09-41

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-39-50-36

That would be ex-boyfriend #2 for Pauline and ex-wife #2 for Pablo.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-40-22-51

Since Pablo moved out of Fiona’s house, I changed her name back to McIrish. Her household is once again McIrish 1, and Pablo is now Martinez 2.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 09-56-24-66

Jennifer! I’m too through with you, girl. You’re a hopeless cause.

Screenshot-12

Xander finally tracked Vita down at the gym.

Vita: Ah, yes, Mr. Clavell, good of you to contact me. I need your assistance.

Xander: What can I do for you. Mrs. Alto?

Vita: I’m running for Mayor. As I pursue these higher offices, I know I’m going to be scrutinized heavily. Now, in the past, when Nick and I were just starting out, we had a little bit of credit trouble.

Xander: What does that have to do with me?

Vita: I can’t risk any of that information coming to light. Who would trust me to manage a city budget if I can’t manage my own finances? Xander, I need you to hack into the Credit Bureau’s database and erase my records.

Xander: Mrs. A., that’s really risky. I could do serious time if I’m caught.

Vita: So don’t get caught, Xander. Do this for me, and I will see to it that you are compensated handsomely. You’re just starting out your firm. I’m sure you could use some start-up cash for equipment.

Xander: That would be a big help.

Vita: Then consider me your angel investor, Xander.

Xander: Okay, Mrs. A. you’ve got a deal.

Screenshot-14

Me: Xander, I thought you were turning over a new leaf, but you hopped right in bed with the devil.

Xander: This is my last con, I promise. She’s right. I need money to establish myself. I’ll do this and then I’ll walk the straight and narrow.

Me: I don’t have a good feeling about this…

Screenshot-15

Xander: All done, Mrs. A., your record is clear.

Vita: Thank you, Xander. I’ll wire the funds to your account first thing in the morning.

Xander: It’s a pleasure doing business with you, ma’am.

Vita: Likewise, and Xander, I’m sure it goes without saying that this will stay between us. I’d hate for your parents to miss out on the joy of grandchildren.

Xander: *gulp* You’re right, Mrs. A., it goes without saying.

Me: Xander, Xander, Xander.

Xander: Please don’t say anything else.

Me: I won’t. I need to be moving on to Agnes Crumplebottom anyway. I’ll see you next round…I hope.

Other SP Updates:

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-38-17-90

I don’t get why Judy and Tori are always hatin’ on Pauline. She hasn’t gone anywhere near either of their men.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-39-05-02

I think Iqbal and Erin are going to settle down. I approve of this match.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-38-39-95

I really approve of this match. I know he’s supposed to be the bad boy and she’s the bad girl, but I think they are both just misunderstood.

My other teens aren’t matching up as I would have hoped.

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 09-57-42-12

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-25-18-47

TS3EP03 2011-01-28 10-36-31-91

If I had it my way, River would be with Michael Bachelor, and Bebe would be with Ethan. I guess that would leave Holly with either Parker or Lawrence, but I don’t see her with either one of those guys. If only Malcolm Landgraab were a few years older. Imagine Nancy and Vita planning a wedding together!

2 comments:

  1. Let's see if this little con of Xander's will come back and bite him later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's possible to get involved with the Altos without getting burned.

    ReplyDelete