Monday, January 17, 2011

Round 1: Alto 1–Like a Bandit

Screenshot-5
It’s Monday morning in the Alto household, and daughter Holly is making breakfast.

Screenshot-6
Her father Nick has opted for a liquid breakfast.
Me: It’s a little early in the morning for that, Nick, don’t you think?
Nick: It gets me through the day. Don’t judge me.
Me: That’s kinda the point of this blog. And by the way, that gorgeous view of the waterfall makes me hate you.
Nick. This is a celebratory drink because today I’m going to start pursuing my dream.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 21-52-06-68
Me: You’re going to enter the Criminal career? But, why? You’re a (kinda) respectable business man.
Nick: How can I consider myself respectable when I’m the peon of Gunther Goth? Goth Industries succeeded because of my  work, and do I get promoted to CEO? No. A hippie freak who shares the founder’s last name gets put in charge. I’m done taking orders.
Me: So why don’t you start your own legitimate company?
Nick: And have the IRS breathing down my neck? No, thank you.
Screenshot-7
Me: Checking for wrinkles, Vita? I would think being pregnant would make you feel young.
Vita: Wrinkles? Heavens, no.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 21-57-48-96
Vita: I’m like a fine wine, darling. I was touching up my makeup for my photo shoot.
Me: What photo shoot?
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 21-53-24-54
Vita: For my campaign posters. I’m running for mayor.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 21-54-05-44
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-18-19-45
Me: If you win, you’ll have at least two new residents to govern.
Silvia moved into the lot right next to the waterfall. Imagine waking up to that everyday! Glenda is the first person to move into Pinochle Point. Pinochle Point is that street to the northeast of the Goths that has a bunch of empty lots. I filled the street up with EAxis-made houses from the Lots bin.
Me: You’ll need more than posters to win, Vita. To get into these higher office positions, you need to have funding.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-10-49-11
Vita: As usual, darling, I’m a step ahead of you. I’m throwing a fundraiser tonight.
Me: I see you have the Landgraabs on your guest list.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 21-52-12-11
Vita: Nancy Landgraab is the most powerful person in Sunset Valley. With her endorsement, there is no way I can lose. Don’t you worry about Nick. He’ll behave. Now if you’ll excuse me, darling, I have some business to attend to down at City Hall.
Screenshot-8
Check out this townie. She’s none other than Talia Epperson, the woman who paid for the services of one Pablo Martinez in the last entry.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-01-46-57
Jennifer, you go, girl! Drop that zero and get yourself a hero.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-01-06-50
While one marriage ends, another one begins. Christopher moved in with Tori and her roommates, so the Kimura 1 household is now the Steel 1 household.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-01-14-35
Aww… isn’t Holly a sweetheart?
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-02-11-03
Pauline is on the prowl. She doesn’t even care that he knocked up Claire Ursine.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-26-06-97
Pauline’s ex has moved on as well. Blair don’t start picking out china. Hank has issues.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-00-45-43
What’s with all of these near-elder couples having babies?
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-07-15-51
Me: Congrats, Nick. I see you’ve made your career change.
Nick: And I thought having Gunther Goth for a boss was bad, but Xander Clavell is an utter oaf.
Screenshot-12
Me: Hey, Vita, it looks like it’s party time.
Vita: Yes, the food is ready…
Screenshot-13
Vita: and I’ve found some music to set the ambience.
Me: The ambience of convincing people to part with their hard-earned money for promises you may or may not keep?
Screenshot-15
Surprisingly, Nancy is the first guest to arrive. It’s cool that enemies will turn up at a party.
Screenshot-16
Me: Uh-oh, Vita. You need damage control, pronto!
Screenshot-23
Me: What happened, Nick?
Nick: Vita suggested I work on the plan for my business.
Screenshot-18
Me: *chuckling* She banished you from the party!
Screenshot-19
Me: Pulling out all the stops, huh, Vita?
Screenshot-20
Me: I thought you were above playing the expecting mother card.
Vita: Cornelia is a dear friend of mine. I’m simply sharing my good news.
Me: I have to say you’re taking this pregnancy well. It seems inconvenient with you running for office.
Vita: Are you implying I can’t handle it, darling?
Me: I’m not stupid enough to imply anything around you, Vita.
Screenshot-22
I have to give Vita credit. You can’t tell that she hates Geoffrey’s guts. It must be the Schmoozer in her. Unlike Nick, she hasn’t rolled up any wishes to fight with Geoff or Nancy.
Screenshot-24
I love seeing couples dance together at parties.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-32-44-00
Vita made out like a bandit! Nearly 40,000 Simoleons. Her biggest contributors were the Goths with a combined donation of nearly 15,000 Simoleons. The Landgraabs combined contribution was just under 5000 Simoleons. I think relationship is a factor in how much a Sim contributes. Vita is good friends with the Goths and enemies with the Landgraabs.
Speaking of making out like a bandit…
Screenshot-26
Burglar! I thought burglars didn’t rob the homes of people in the Criminal career. I guess there really is no honor among thieves.
Screenshot-28
Me: Take that you stupid crook. I’ve been playing this game since TS1, baby. I know the “put the alarm on the outside of the house” trick. It’s not aesthetically pleasing, but it’s effective.
Screenshot-31
Me: Come on, Tia Rose, you can take this dude!
Luckily she does prevail and the Altos don’t lose anything…
Screenshot-32
---except a good night’s sleep.
Vita: Right, is that one of your colleagues there, Nick?
Nick: Not for long, sweetness, not for long.
Me: I wouldn’t want to be that guy!
Vita: He’s not the only thing keeping us up. Isn’t it time for you to move on, darling?
Me: Okay, I’m going. Just let me get out a few neighborhood updates first.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-34-46-59
This is a match I approve of. I think these two belong together.
TS3EP03 2011-01-16 22-34-59-29
The fact that Jamie Jolina gave either one of these guys the time of day is stupefying. Iqbal is up next on the playlist, so let’s see how his toilet is doing!

6 comments:

  1. Vita must be really convincing! I wouldn't say I have any enemies but I do dislike some people and I wouldn't be inclined to give them any money, should they ever run for office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised Geoffrey and Nancy showed up, let alone gave her money. I'm proud of Nick for restraining himself because I was expecting a brawl. He autonomously chose to spend the majority of the night working on his computer.

    I don't know what it is about Nick and Vita, but I like them. I know they are supposed to be the villains of Sunset Valley, but they are very sweet to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alto's sure look as stuffy near-elders, so I'm a bit disturbed by them having a baby... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jungfrun68, I'm interested to see what the baby looks like. They had baby in another one of my Sunset Valley saves, and the little girl ended up with Nick's salt and pepper hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I think I like Vita; she's spunky. I'll enjoy watching her rise in the political ranks of Sunset Valley. ;)

    It's funny, it seems like the progression pushes the near-elder couples to have kids if they only have one or two. Gotta populate the hood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Vita and Nancy Landgraab. They rule Sunset Valley. Very forward-thing of EAxis.

      Delete